Photo of new baby rhino by Ant Baber at Ant’s Nest
The Waterberg Trust Challenge Ride 2016 is being organised to raise funds for Save the Waterberg Rhino along with associated community education projects, to help fight rhino poaching and teach local children about the conservation of these amazing animals at the Lapalala Wilderness School.
Over 5,000 rhino have been killed by poachers in South Africa alone. The Waterberg is home to a signification concentration of rhino, second only to Kruger National Park.
PROJECTS REQUIRING FUNDING & STRATEGIC PARTNERS:
Rhino horn treatment
Tracking devices for rhinos
Equipment, such as:
• Night vision
• Thermal vision
• Hi Tech solutions
• Bullet proof vests
• Crime scene equipment
• Uniforms and kit for scouts
Anti-poaching scouts for rhino protection
Training for Anti-Poaching UNITS
Management Courses for Rhino Owners
WHAT YOU CAN DO TO HELP:
- Donate via The Waterberg Trust Justgiving page:
As a UK registered charity, we can claim Gift Aid on eligible donations, and organise transfer of funds to South Africa efficiently. Add a note to specify ‘Save the Waterberg Rhino’ with your donation.
Belinda Chaffer – http://www.justgiving.com/Belinda-ChafferTWT
Sophie Neville – http://www.justgiving.com/Sophie-Neville-TWT2016
- If you’d like to organise your own fundraising event, and learn more about the charity contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Support the project on Social Media and receive news:
- For Save The Waterberg Rhino’s Facebook page, please click here.
- For The Waterberg Trust’s Facebook page, please click here
- For the Lapalala Wilderness School’s page, please click here
To find out about Save The Waterberg Rhino, click on the banner below: