This is by way of a brief report back following receipt of the kind donations The Waterberg Trust’s Corvid-19 appeal for food for those in need in the Vaalwater community. The idea is to support those who have lost their jobs due to Lockdown, which has virtually closed the tourism in the area.
- Nurse Grace has drawn up a list of about 40 families / persons in need. The list will of course change from time to time depending on circumstances.
- A local supermarket packs the food into bundles.
- Volunteers from St John’s Church supervise distribution directly from the shop to the grantees, who collect their food parcels, so there are no transport costs. The volunteers check the contents of each food parcel and record receipts from the correct grantee.
- Each package contained a message of encouragement in the local language.
All funds are carefully monitored by St John’s Church, TWT’s local partner.
Thanks to careful planning and the support of Choppies Supermarket, each food parcel contains a decent amount of nutritious groceries for the equivalent of about £27.
- 10 Kg MEAILIE MEAL
- 2 Kg RICE
- 2 Kg SUGAR
- 4 TINS FISH
- 4 TINS BAKED BEANS
- 2 litres COOKING OIL
- 500g SALT
- 3 PACKETS SOUP (USED FOR RELISH WITH PORRIDGE)
- 7KG POTATOES
- 1 Kg packet of powdered milk
- 250g teabags
- 1 bottle dishwashing liquid
- The plan was to include 2kgs of flour – but it was out of stock.
-Some of the many people who received food parcels in May 2020-
Very many thanks to all our donors
If you are able to make another donation please click here for TWT’s Justgiving page where donations show up if you leave a message. We can take CAF cheques and normal cheques. The address can be found here.
Nurse Grace has also able to help a pregnant lady who had been evicted from her home and organize the kind donation of a bed and equipment needed for the baby.